Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I can't believe it's almost November...really?

Wow, I am looking at my calendar and find it hard to believe that November is just around the corner. Where has this year gone? It feels like it's flown by so fast. How does that happen?? I've been busy working on my creative side, along with the usual chauffeuring of kids between activities. The girls are involved once again this fall with their favorite sports - soccer and volleyball. Two of them finish up their season this week and my third will have her last volleyball games next weekend - just in time for the holiday madness!

Have you guys discovered Pinterest yet??? Oh my goodness! What a fun place to get lost in! I discovered it not long ago when I was looking for some home organizing ideas...that lead to photo shoot ideas for teens and babies...then on to Christmas gift ideas...then on to creative spaces...the list grows each time I get on the website! Here's a link for you to follow me if you like: Kim's Pinterest Site.

And, in the last few months, I have finally gained the confidence to add my photography to a portfolio on Zenfolio. Here's a link to my gallery over there - Kim's Zenfolio Gallery. I'm slowly adding to my portfolio and will put more pictures there as I take them.

Ok and now for more fun...these are some things I've done lately. I volunteered to help with the high school volleyball team. They have a night for each team during the season to recognize the girls. I created these posters for each girl and we hung them outside the main gym on their night. They were such fun to create and the girls had a keepsake to take home and hang in their rooms.


I was also playing with some new techniques in Photoshop...how cool is this technique?? It's simply blending two photos...



I used this photo - taken on my trip to Savannah, GA this past July - and this vintage-y looking paper I created in photoshop. Fun, huh?


I'm hoping to get started on more fun things for the holidays. I enjoyed making the printable tags last year and hopefully, I can make more this season!

No comments: