Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to my baby!

It's hard to believe that my last baby is now 7 years old. I still see her as my little tiny girl. I don't know if in my eyes she will be a big girl. She was so excited about her birthday party this year. She's only been planning for over a year now - actually before her last birthday she started planning. It was to be a Bunny Birthday Party. I let her do everything. She gave me the names of her friends to invite, she told me what she wanted to do and we searched the internet together for some ideas...she even decorated the cupcakes - well, with the help of her older sisters.




Here's the sweet little birthday girl. She was thrilled to see her classmates and soccer friends...it's been a long summer without them!



The first craft she had planned was a sock bunny. She is proudly holding her bunny. They were cute. The girls loved it!



Ahh, the pinata...she would not rest until we had the pinata. Since there wasn't a bunny pinata to be found, she settled for a butterfly.




And finally, time for the yummy bunny cupcakes! She and her sisters decorated these. I have to say, they did a fabulous job! I always get so stressed trying to do everything for these parties. The perfectionist in me has never been able to just relax and let whatever happens, happen. This year, Jordyn and Kasey took the ball and ran with it. They did the decorating. They did the cupcakes. They help each of the girls with the crafts. It was so wonderful. I think this was my first stress-free (is there such a thing???) party! Thanks Jordyn and Kasey for being such great big sisters!!



This is Mikaela's special bunny cupcake. She wanted to make sure her cupcake was just perfect.





Here is one of the other cupcakes. Some were made with coconut and others without. I prefer the coconut for both taste and looks, but not everyone does. I think they were the cutest! We used the fizzle Skittles to do the eyes and nose. Marshmallows for the ears and little bunny cheeks. Overall, they were very, very easy to do. If you want to see more stuff like this, go to Family Fun Magazine and do a search. That is where we found all of this!

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Wingnut said...

First of all...your daughter is *adorable*! Those blue eyes are insanely gorgeous!!! And the bunny cupcakes? To die for :)