Shabby Miss Jenn

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wow! The leaves are falling...

I can't believe it. Yesterday when we were waiting for the bus, there weren't any leaves in the driveway, but by the afternoon drop-off, the drive was covered. I love fall...there is a tree down the road from me that has to be the most gorgeous tree ever in the fall. The leaves are absolutely beautiful. I have seen many people pulled over on the side of the road in front of this house taking pictures of their tree. Its an amazing transformation of color...brilliant red and yellow leaves, its just picture perfect.

So, as I have mentioned in my previous posts, I have found digital scrapbooking! I am so obsessed. It's addicting. I have been referred to many forums to chat with others who have my addiction. I can't believe how much stuff is out there!! You know there's lots of stuff for the traditional scrapbooking, but most is made by the same manufacturers. With digital, there are tons of designers and I truly think there are even more digital products for us addicts than "regular" scrapping products. The really cool thing about this...you can use products over and over again. With Photoshop, I can change colors on papers and embellishments to make them look different...no one will know I used the same ribbon for 10 layouts! I have even gotten my stepmother Sandi hooked! We sat on Sunday and did a cute layout of their dog Doogie. She's been out searching for more kits to download so she can do layouts on her own.

I made a new friend, Tracy! Tracy has Latte Dah Designs (link is in my sidebar). She has some really fun designs. I downloaded a couple the other day and can't wait to use them in some layouts. When I do get a few done, I'll be sure to post them.

Here's a fun layout I did of Mikaela. It was one of my first layouts...she's just so cute, I couldn't resist doing this one. Mike had taken these pictures one day in the yard. They were so her that I just had to use them in something. He has such a way of getting these girls to pose. He definitely has an eye for backgrounds and good photo ops.

Enjoy!! Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful LO. She is gorgeous. I gave you a shout out in my blog. Thanks for bing there and looking forward to learning together. Yes, Digi Scrapping is very addicting. I love it!